Do people really go to the gym with full makeup on? The answer is yes and besides, why not?
Working out is a social activity which you not only do to achieve your beach-body goals, but also to meet that beach buddy you’ve been looking for (see what I did there? Hi to all single ladies!). While most women aren’t comfortable wearing makeup like myself, there are those who step up their game and can confidently hit the gym all with contour and highlights and there’s completely nothing wrong with it.
To work out without your mascara bleeding, the secret is choosing the products very well. These products should be waterproof and as much as possible sweat-proof. It has to withstand the warmth of your skin, sweat, and oil. Here are my top picks that you can keep in your vanity kit:
- Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizer. Neutrogena has a line that’s guaranteed oil-free and each of the product indicates the formula whether it’s designed for combination skin, sensitive skin, or for sun protection. This being oil-free, it’s lightweight and it won’t give your skin that greasy feeling, and this is specifically important if you’re planning on putting makeup.
- Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream. Personally, I prefer the base to be less pigmented. A high coverage foundation may be too heavy even if it’s waterproof. Layer the product and gently blend it with your fingers. This way, the skin will absorb the product better, application will be even, and it will prolong the lasting power.
- L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. Right after the BB Cream, set it with this pressed powder if you want extra coverage. Compared to other inexpensive pressed powders, L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder is non-chalky and sure seals the cream.
- K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Liquid Pen. Of course, brows. The brows can get really oily and greasy that’s why when you fill it in with pencil, it has the tendency to smudge in a couple of hours. This is when a one-day tattoo product comes in handy like the K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow Liquid Pen.
- Maybelline The Falsies. When you don’t have much time to put eyeshadow on, the key to brighter looking eyes is a good pair of groomed lashes. By applying a waterproof mascara like The Falsies by Maybelline, no sweat can take the beauty away from you.
- Snoe Lippy Cheeky. A local favorite! This lip and cheek tint can stay on forever on your cheeks. A good dab on the apples of your cheeks and on the inner center of your lips can make you look healthy and blooming in an instant.
Feeling extra glamorous? Here’s a quick tutorial!